1. How a successful golf course can contribute to a community.
- Reduction of crime
- Park-like green belt
- Lights on until 10:00 PM, reducing mischief
- Improves value of neighboring homes
- Introducing the game of golf
- Unites families- kids to parents to grandparents
- Keeps kids off streets and computers
- Players can use the driving range unitl 10:00pm
- Banquet room becomes a place to gather
- Open every day, 6:00 AM-10:00 PM- easy accessibility, no restrictions
- Weddings,Quinceaneras, Baby Showers Bridal Showers - co-ed too! Funeral receptions/Celebrations of Life
- Free meeting room for
- Scholarship and youth sports organization fund raisers
- Chamber of Commerce mixers
- Public meetings and Conferences
- Neighborhood Watch meetings
2. How a city with the right management and focus can grow the game of golf.
- Introducing the game through Parks and Recreation Departments-
- Treating golf like all other sports
- No cost to kids, reduced adult and senior rates exposes all walks of life to the game
- Lesson programs- "Golf the Easy Way", SCGA Junior / FOG
- Challenging other municipalities to make their courses more accessible to its’ community
3. Bringing out the best of private and public sectors.
- “The benevolence of a public entity with the efficiency of a private company.”
- Pico is an example of how a city eliminated the financial losses of a course, but yet retained and even improved the benefits to its citizens.
- Teaming up with the right partner and creating a contractual relationship that allows for both profit and community benefit- vision of the City Council
- Both sides must be willing to reduce their financial expectations for the betterment of the community.
- Increased tax dollars go directly back to the city/ creation of jobs
4. Growing Latino golf
- SCGA Junior program’s Hispanic participation indicative of a need being fulfilled
- Important to the game of golf’s long term health- fastest growing population in the U.S.
- Latinos are close knit families that need an affordable outlet for recreation for the entire family - why not golf?